Thursday, September 29, 2011

Colonies vs. Countries

My class was taking a test today. This test covered the writing of the Declaration of Independence to the U. S. Constitution. This particular test had a question: What two states did not ratify the U. S. Constitution? The answers are North Carolina and Rhode Island. As I was walking around the room, I saw that one of my new favorite student wrote North Carolina and Korea. I gave her a bit of a hint...Korea is another country. I told her that these answers had to be one of the original 13 colonies. Her reply was one of "Oh, now I get it!" I walked away assuming that I had righted her wrong. I was wrong. I strolled by a few minutes later to see that she had changed her answer: North Carolina and Canada. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment